View Single Post
  #1904   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-17, 10:19

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

There is nothing like getting back to business Patricia!

I'm trying to do the same today too.

I read an article about keto recently where it said that it really does involve quite intensive planning to make it work. Its hard to put it into practice.
I had no clue it was so restrictive at 20g Carb, - years ago i read this diet called 'the Scarsdale diet' & the author was a Dr. who said following this diet of his, you could reach a state of ketosis. I analysed the diet and i think it worked out
at around 35-40g carb but very low fat and low calorie into the bargain. Something like around 800-1000 calories.
So I was hoping that Ketosis was perhaps on some kind of continuum.
There was things in it like a protein bread and fruit. Mostly those kind of carbohydrates.

I think the best diet is one that is healthy and sustainable too..so maybe Keto wouldn't work out long term. I would still love to try it though just out of curiosity.

Hi to Sharon & PaCarolSue!
Sharon; i love to hear your enjoying the good side effects of the CAD/CALP diet.
This is what motivates me to stay on it too. There's no better feeling that feeling in control & free from bad habits.

PaCarolSue: I love to hear how your doing too and how your getting on with managing the diabetes. I can relate to those blood sugar struggles at times too.
I don't exactly do IF, but i realised that having the RM about 9 hours after my first CM really does miraculous things for making me feel more balanced.
Even if i don't stay on plan thereafter.

Eno; i love reading what you choose for your menus'. V.inspirational.