View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-01, 08:17

Plan:
Stats: 286/254/148
BF:
Progress:

Sorry to be dominating the board at the moment but I have just read the articles on this in the Studies section and I am reeling.

I was diagnosed with PCOS about 5 years ago and had five years of fertility treatment, had gestational diabetes, some lipid type indicators and this year have developed diabetes right on cue.

I am spitting, over the five years of medical treatment with consultants in both fertility and diabetes, I was never told about any of these related issues (link to diabetes etc) or that there were treatments (including low carbing) that could improve these factors and lower the likelihood of diabetes, cancer and infertility.

So now that I have diabetes and realise that I may have avoided it if I'd had this information,(I've gained a further 65lbs in that time) I'm shocked and very angry.

Anyway what I'm saying is that PCOS is not uncommon amongst woman 30+ who are overweight.

So if you think you could have it, (I didnt have many obvious signs - infertility is the most obvious) or know that you do, please read the articles. You may not have been told by your doctor what you need to know. You could potentially save yourself from some serious health problems and/or infertility.

And thanks once again to whoever set up this site, I would never have known otherwise.

Nicola
Sponsored Links