Old Fri, May-21-04, 01:24
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianin
What is a fast carb vs slow carb? I'm confuzzed. I assumed they all got into your system fairly quickly. How many g's should I be taking PWO? I'm getting about 35g protein in my PWO whey mix. I'm also taking the GNC Pro-performance mix that has:

Protein - 20g
Fat - 2g
Carbs - 4g
Sodium - 150mg
Cholesterol - 70mg

I usually take about 1 1/2 - 2 scoops with 8 ounces of water and 8 ounces of 2% milk on my lift days. Where do you buy dextrose? How do you use it? Is it powdered, liquid? I don't know much about it. I know newbies always ask "how much is enough?" and "how much is too much?" but it's hard to find actually numbers when it comes to PWO foods. We know what to do, just not how to do it if that makes sense. Thank god for this forum!

~ Cori ~/

Cori, you'll have to experiment with this, but for many women, too much of the PWO carb spills over into fat stores. I'm one of them. I get fat when I do this, so I only do the protein.

The amount of protein you are taking sounds perfect. Follow it with a meal of REAL protein a few hours later, with fat. PWO, you don't WANT the fat, because it slows the delivery of the protein to your cells. The rest of the time, you DO want the fat, because it slows the protein down and prevents it from glycolyzing.

Fast carbs are basically sugars - fruit, juice, pop, candy - without fat or protein or fibre to slow them down. I like 'em PRE-workout, but not post.

Dextrose is sold at bodybuilding supply stores. Some candies have dextrose, too.

How's that?
- Built