#13   ^
Old Fri, Sep-29-17, 14:41

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fefster
That's a good idea but I might change the day. Friday is my weigh-in day so will try to minimise carbs and salt on Thursday.

Weirdly, I just tried on my trousers that wouldn't fit when the scales said I was a pound lighter. They fit now. How does that work?

Baffled by all this.

How it works is explained in this article under Patterns of Weight Loss:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...99&page=1&pp=15
Throw out the scale and go by your pants waist size.

Or as Phinney & Volek say....

Quote:
Don’t Trust the Bathroom Scale With Your Mental Health

We humans are about 2/3 water. Each of us contains about 40 liters (or quarts) of the stuff, and each liter weighs a bit over 2 pounds. Our bodies effectively regulate fluid balance by adjusting urine output and sense of thirst, but this is done within a 2-liter range. Within this range, your body doesn’t really care if it is up to a liter above or below its ideal fluid level.

What this means is that we all live inside a 4-pound-wide grey zone, so that from day to day we fluctuate up or down (i.e., plus or minus) 2 pounds. This happens more or less at random, so with any one weight reading you don’t know where your body is within that fluid range. Your weight can be the same for 3 days in a row, and the next morning you wake up and the scale says you’ve ‘gained’ 3 pounds for no apparent reason.