#4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-10-01, 11:50
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Unhappy Hmmm...

Well, Deb, I could find no local stores selling quality rebounders. Canadian Tire, Walmart and Toys'R'Us sell the inexpensive mini-trampolines with the shorter legs that have to be removed for storage, thin or non-existent padding around the frame and springs, a too-hard mat, and short, stiff springs. That's what I'm using right now, and it's adequate - I admit I do get some benefit from using it. Storage is a big problem for me, also the hardness and low-springiness of the mat does cause some knee problems.

There aretwo brands from the US - Needak and Rebound-Air. These run around $199 US, and then there's shipping, brokerage fees and GST at Canada Customs. I saw the Needak offered at E-Bay for $189 US, includes a workout video. It's shipped from California though, and I'd be worried about problems with warranty and return, if the need arose.

However, I did discover a Canadian on-line resource. Are you sitting down?? Hallelujah Acres... ... This too originates from California, but there are two affiliates for their products in Ontario, one in Toronto, the other in the 519 area code region. This company mostly focuses on "health food", barley green and juicers, and a lot of religious and spiritual materials. However, they promote rebounding for its lymph-cleansing abilities, and feature the Needak rebounder, as well as a selection of books and videos on rebound exercise. The prices are in Cnd $, and both sites are identical. The price for the rebounder is $375 Cdn, and there would be shipping and GST (+ PST in ONT). It would ultimately work out to a bit more $ than ordering from the US, but better chances for getting help if there's a problem.

The Healing Core is located in Toronto. You'll find the phone and fax #, as well as an email address at their website. You might be able to arrange to pick up the item(s) yourself, and save the shipping fee.

Hallelujah Acres Canada does not give a postal or street address, just a 519-phone and fax number and email addy.

(I've made the links directly to the rebounder pages)

Hope this is helpful,

Doreen