Registered Member

Plan: Keto/IF/LCarb
Stats: 208/175/142 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
Yes. There's sort of no such thing as a ketogenic diet, just minimally anti-ketogenic diets, it isn't that fat's ketogenic so much as that carbohydrate and to some extent protein are anti-ketogenic.

There is one time I'll force the fat--if I've gone off plan and I'm out of ketosis, appetite sort of gets out of hand for a day or so, I might make some fat-bombish sort of thing just to satisfy the increase in appetite without slowing down the return to ketosis too much, then go back to normal once things have calmed down.

teaser ~ yeah, I have found that when I get hungry after fasting all day long, I will consume some fat with my meal and feel satisfied. If I have gone off plan for a day, I will eat just enough fat to get back OP. But, it usually sets me back 2 weeks, and I gain between 2-4 lbs. Get down on myself, because it takes that amount of time to get back into ketosis and OP. I will continue with low carbing as if nothing happened, with a clear mind-set, with no side effects and continue losing steadily. Thankfully, this doesn't happen as often as it used to in the beginning of starting the ketogenic diet.

This diet has been the only diet that has worked for me. I have learned to eat just enough good fats to feel full. Keeping my carbs down as low as possible and consume moderate protein in my diet, combined with intermittent fasting or IF. Fasting does play a major role in losing weight on these Lcarb diets!