Old Mon, Sep-25-17, 04:55
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Smile Monday, 25 September 2017

Happy Last Week of September, WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally marvelous Monday in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Wow 3 months until Christmas, Holy Hannah!!!!

My Weekly Maintenance Update: 3 years, 7 months, 1 week and counting...

Wt = 114 lbs!

How to become successful at this LC WOE? Surround yourself with people who are successfully following the LC WOE you are doing! That's why we have this thread!

It doesn’t pay to surround yourself with people that enable your poor eating behaviors by constantly telling you, “it’s okay, just wipe yourself off and move on” each and every time you eat off plan.

The only reason why I think they do that is because they too have fallen time and time again and allowed their “fat carb creatures” to rule their world and ruin their chance, at least for that day, to eat successfully on plan. Because I’ve been there and done that myself. I have fallen off the LC WOE wagon too many times to count, wiped myself off and continued 100s upon 100s of times (decades worth of yo-yo dieting)!

Yeah, I have been there too where I tell peeps to wipe themselves off and move on. Honestly that’s not what I want to say, but to say what I really mean to say could easily get me banned from these threads because my post would be considered “un-supportive and not encouraging”.

It’s really really hard to watch people self-destruct in front of your very eyes without wanting to say something! I don’t dare say anything that would be “unsupportive and not encouraging” so I say nothing at all. I get that this is a support group and I LOVE being here and hanging out with people who truly understand where I’m coming from.

There are so many experienced, supportive and very knowledgeable people on this site who have been very successful at not only losing the weight but keeping it off too, some for decades. I love to read their journals and posts!

We are never QUITTERS when it comes to “trying” to lose the weight because we all want to be LOSERS and graduate to Maintainers (our ultimate goal)!

I’m not saying it’s EASY. Nothing in life worth having is EVER easy. But to surround oneself with people that booster ones’ ego because it’s the polite and the nice thing to do isn’t healthy and no good can ever come from enablers.

Especially since they are in reality continually giving you permission to continue your poor eating behavior (not on purpose) without helping you figure out why you’ve fallen off the wagon in the first place. That would be more supportive and more helpful in my way of thinking.

Seriously, it’s okay if you’ve fallen off the LC WOE wagon! But one day you have got to come to grips with whatever it is that makes you succumb to your “fat carb creature” or you will always be “trying” to lose the weight instead of “actually” losing the weight to keep it off.

Ramblin' over...

Had a great Sunday! Accomplished all my pesky w/e chores early so that I got a chance to design and start knitting a baby sweater. It's probably close to 1/3 finished. Like I said, they knit up very fast!

Today is our last Parent Teacher Conference for the Fall. We do another round in the Spring. Usually for those bobble heads that are still not being successful even with every extra opportunity we provide... Sometimes we WORK harder than that student... KWIM??? Anyhoo...

My journey to better HEALTH continues...

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

Accountability breeds RESPONSE-ability!
~ Stephen Covey

This is the quote I use on my PPW Posts b/c I truly believe that being accountable makes me more responsible and successful!

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
Jo, the little sweater and hat is SO cute LOL I bet you have fun making those knowing the little ones are gonna be warm in them...sweet!
Thanks! They are really a blast to make!
Quote:
We paid cash for it. We paid cash on this one cause I decided to save for it a long time and I don't want a darn monthly payment at all. We haven't had car payments in many many years and I didn't want one now LOL
Nice! I don't do car payments either...I save $$$ for the car then get zero % finance interest and keep my $$$ in the bank!
Quote:
3500 Ram Dodge Mega Cab with 6.7 Diesel in Maximum Steel color. Thing is a brute lol but rides so darn nice, like a friggin' luxury car. Has it all, backup cameras, navigation in it, and every other bell and whistle so at this point his is technology updated in his car. HA
I googled it! WOW that is a nice truck and a nice color!
Quote:
I can't believe 240 for the keys either. They have to reprogram the entire thing or something and it 'doesn't take long' but ya pay for it!! UGH
Yeppers! No free lunches for sure!
Quote:
I have a 2006 Mitsubishi Endeaver SUV with 107K miles and now I am looking at a Nissan Pathfinder. He keeps saying at 107 I should think now about getting a new one and I want to just keep the old but lately it is making 'a noise' and he is saying if we trade now we will get at least 3-4K for it....yea nothing, I checked but if it has to have work done (and he is worried big work is coming?), that is money into it and then it still won't be worth more....blah blah blah and he is pushing me into a new vehicle situation. We shall see tho. I will start to look around and if the 'big deal' is out there I might do it.
I can see both sides of the conversation... it's not easy to decide what to do... hope you find a "big deal" so that you can get a new vehicle if that's what you want! Hey they are moving the 2017s to bring in the 2018s... so you might just get that "big deal"!!!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
I haven't been feeling well this week, but am finally starting to feel better. Haven't eaten much this week, that's always a bonus!
Imma so glad you posted, girlie!

Wow sorry to hear that you've been under the weather too! Glad to know you're feeling better!

at bonus at not eating much b/c of illness!
Quote:
Jo I see you are busy with school and being creative! WTG!
Yeppers, always busy doing something, drives me crazy otherwise!

bigjoe:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe42
Hi Just Jo I was reading your past post was this your meal pln when you first started?
Hiya Joe!

Same as it is now... I strictly follow A '72 Induction and only eat one time a day.

I eat 5 grams of carbs and around 1000 kcals daily. Dr. A said this in A '72 Diet Revolution | page 263 and this time around I took it to heart. I know that's why I've been über successful:
Quote:
The best decision is probably to stay pretty much on the very low carbohydrate diet on which you lost; only now you can feel free to deviate in small ways.
But I've never deviated b/c I like the results I have, love the wonderful "real foods" I get to eat. And food doesn't have the "entertainment" value it used to have when I was "Fat Jo".

Wishing you much success on your personal journey to better HEALTH, joe!