View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Oct-08-16, 09:33

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Did you guys read my blog post or did we all think of the same thing? Divide and conquer is what's it's all about. Keep them fighting with each other so they can't see what we're doing to everybody. That's the plan and it works. Even I do it, I had a knee jerk reaction to the words "Michael Pollan".

Here's an idea. Instead of pushing a monolithic diet, push a monolithic support, but for all the various diets. No preference in the support itself, no favoritism, no proportionate support. All the support to all diets regardless. After all, everybody pays for this support, but only a few actually benefit. No wonder we all want to take control of this monolithic support to push our own point of view.

See, we can all see the contradictions in the guidelines from all points of view. The meat people don't like the fact that grains are pushed hard. The grain people don't like the fact that veggies are pushed hard. The veggie people don't like the fact that meat is pushed, though not that hard really. What if instead of pushing meat or veggies or grains, none are pushed a priori, but if we choose to go with meat for example, then here's how to do it properly, if veggies here's how, if grains here's how, and so forth. Instead of an agenda, it's an information booth.

The gubermint cannot represent a population when it does not represent the entire population. Anybody wanna bet nothing's gonna change there? OK, so we understand if something's gonna change, we gotta change it ourselves independently of the gubermint. In effect, represent ourselves to ourselves by ourselves. Funny how that works out.

OK, so we got the Official Dietary Guidelines that tell us what to eat. Let's change this to:

The Official Dietary Support Guidelines (ODSG), that establish a standard support protocol independent of dietary choice, yet that acknowledges the specific dietary requirements dependent on dietary choice, and integrate these specifics into both the standard overarching support protocol and specific respective support protocols.

OK, so we got a hospital that's run by some guy who really likes bread and he decides to make this the hospital's official diet. Never mind it's a bit ridiculous, but bear with me. So now instead of doing it alone, he hooks up to the ODSG and gets access to the collective knowledge from all groups that know all about bread. Now there's a patient that wants meat, no problem, the same ODSG provides all the collective knowledge from all groups that know all about meat. This example is specific foods, but it's the same for the various named diets, i.e. Atkins, Ornish, WW, Jenny C, etc. They're all hooked up to the same ODSG and can provide all the information from all groups that know all about any particular diet.

Its like a library. Instead of the Standard American Diet Archive, it's the International Archive of All Diets Past and Present. Well, which library you wanna go to when you wanna learn all about diet?