#6   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-05, 11:00
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 158/158/120 Female 5 4
BF:
Progress:

Elle and MSK,

Thank you sooo much for replying! MSK, I just figured that since I am, at least at this point, committed to trying the SP, this would be the forum that I'd find help from others who have done it also. Didn't know if I'd find any other SP's elsewhere. Could you suggest another forum or 2 that I might have more luck talking to more people about SP?? Again, thank you soo much for your help and info.
Are the tests that you had run, ones that Schwarzbein recommends?? Do you know?? Just curious if that's how you knew what to have run.
Since I cut my thyroid med in half, i am not doing at all well. Too many adverse reactions. The only reason I went off in the first place was because I was convinced that my meds are directly related to these horrible migraines. I have been quite sluggish since going off and for the last 3 days have been having the shakes like never before. Not hungry and then all of a sudden just panicky hungry. This has happened many times per day in the last 3 days which is NOT normal for me. I've had the shakes for years when I wait too long to eat, but never this many times in one day. I have reasoned that this must all be due to my having cut my meds in half, so just this morning I decided to back on the full dosage. I had one new theory occur to me just yesterday and that is that perhaps, just perhaps my migraines are due to me not having a high enough dose. My Dr. said that my tests from approx 1 mo ago came back just fine regarding my thyroid (which was when I was still on my first dose and before I cut it in half). What really throws me is that I don't know that I trust his judgement. I just read a couple of days ago that the standardized testing that most all labs run for thyroid are only 30% accurate. This is much to my dismay as I feel as tho I cannot trust this test at all. Perhaps my thyroid came back "normal" but really is messed up...ya know?? Oh, what to do. Apparently there is a much more accurate test, but it is expensive and more intensive as the lab has to draw blood at different intervals. Something like at 30, 45 and 60 minute intervals. Don't know if my insurance would cover it as they tend to be a real pain on anything that is considered "alternative."
Any other insight into this would be greatly appreciated as I am still on a search.

Another question.
How do I start this SP plan??
At what point do I cut certain things out and at what point do I add others??
For eg. When do I cut cafffeine and sugar? AND
When do add exercise??
Oops, I guess that was more than one question.
I don't exactly understand when to add each of the 5 steps and don't entirely understand how to know when one is "healed" and ready to move on.
HELP!

In her first book she seemed to indicate very gradual beginnings, but in "The Program" (tho I've only skipped around) she doesn't seem to talk as much about that.

Thanks so much once again for letting me pick y'alls brains!!

Mindy