#3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-10, 09:03

Plan: mindful eating
Stats: 184.5/178.5/140 Female 66
BF:41/40/25
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by margot

My 7 year old daughter was a lot like him. Her stools were like hard little round deer turds and she would go every 4-7 days. She would spend a loooooooong time in the bathroom. But since removing the vegetables and grains from her diet as well, this is no longer an issue for her either.

You just have to make sure you are eating enough fat.. that fat will take care of all of that for you, and you already know you should not be eating grains.

There are times when we have to take our health into our own hands, despite what the Doctors might say. I am not sure what I would say if a Doctor told me to do something that made me feel worse or that I know is just not right. I would probably just smile and nod and do what works for me anyway.

Good luck, this is really a learning curve for all of us! You can also do some research on fiber, there is a book called The Fiber Menace that you might enjoy...

You're like my very own lc mentor

I have the exact thing your daughter does, I say that my little 20 lb pug dog makes bigger poops than I do I also have found that the more fat the better and the less fiber the better.
I also just nodded and said "uh-huh okay dr" even though I wanted to bite his head off! It just sucks that they don't ever listen to your actual experiences and if you say their ideas don't work for you they tell you you're crazy and need to talk to someone about your problems! aggghhh!

Anyway, thanks for all your help, I am really considering doing zero carb, you and your family are inspiring. Your before and after pictures look like completely different people!