View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-18, 12:38

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

You know what Tim, your last post reads to me like the beginning of a pretty awesome success story. Have you considered starting a journal? Might be a worthwhile exercise to track the improvement in your mindset as well as your appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBowen
And I'm sure Grav as a bloke can verify, while women are more subtle and understanding, men just come out and say it straight! Bloody hell Tim, you fat b**steward, Or singing, "Who ate all the pies" etc. etc. And it hurts like hell.

Actually as an adult, I haven't had to deal too much with that sort of thing at all when I think about it. Perhaps because one of my coping mechanisms has historically been to keep to myself, stay inside, work an office job, don't go out in public. To a large extent I'm still like that, but the confidence is slowly growing now at least.

School on the other hand, yeah you pretty much nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBowen
Most of you that have been classed as 'morbidly obese' can perhaps relate to those feelings of shame and total embarrassment. Because I must be a 'lazy loser' right, to allow myself to get into the weight/state I did!?

Totally. "It's all about the calories, don't you know? Calories in, calories out. Just eat less and move more. It works for everybody else, so if you can't do it, it's your fault." Pretty much the story of my life up until 2015.

Gotta say, it feels pretty good to be proving all of those people wrong, as you're also now discovering.