View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-20-17, 13:58

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

I received my book and just kept thinking that my son and family really needed to have a copy. Today on my morning walk I stopped at my son's house when I noticed that his wife (Alice's stepmother and very involved in her care) was home and I told her about the book and asked her if it would be alright if I sent her a copy. I just didn't want anyone to think I was interfering or disapproved of the treatment decisions they were making. She said of course so I just ordered a copy for them from Amazon. While I was there Lana (stepmother) was making a pumpkin pie because Alice, who has very little appetite, had requested pumpkin pie. It's hard to cook for someone for whom most foods are unappealing but maybe this book will provide them with some useful tools and inspiration. Lana says that the doctors say that diet has nothing to do with this kind of cancer, maybe so and maybe not. I said "but it won't hurt" and she agreed. At least I have jumped the first hurdle and they will have in their possession a copy of the book. It's not that I think this is the ultimate answer to Alice's cancer but I want to give her every possible opportunity to be cured.

Jean