View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-08, 19:07

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Happy with Protein Power? Yes!! I've been doing this for a while too and struggled on Atkins and "my own" plan. Since starting PP, and increasing my protein intake, I seem to be able to stick to the plan easier.

I love the foods!! As long as I can do the cooking, I'm thrilled with my diet! Eating out can be challenging, especially if your choices are limited. I've recently been dependant on restaraunts for most meals and have also had to eliminate more foods (grains, nightshades, citrus and limit dairy), which makes it REALLY hard to eat out day after day. But Protein Power itself is a great way to eat....as long as you like meat (meat, fish, fowl) and eggs.

In addition to having few cravings and being able to objectively look at sweets and decide they're not worth it, I've also had several medical issues improved. I've seen a reduction of reflux symptoms, milder arthritis symptoms, and I'm no longer an insomniac. I also feel better than I have in so long I can't even remember.....it seems like I was always sore or have an upset belly.

Going off plan, at least recently, has been planned. I went off last summer while on vacation....but still lost weight! And I just went back on plan after going off due to stress and agravation. A big part of it was that I was tired of the food I could get (in restaraunts) with all my restrictions! Do I wish I could eat like that all the time? Sure. But it's not worth it.