View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-05-17, 12:08

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Welcome, Paully!

Haven't used the Atkins app, but it also seems high in its protein recommendation as well. As for fat, there's really no need to gorge on fat. Most of the fat you get in the beginning is your own. Here's a thread that provides more details:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...t=471186&page=3

Note that many stay with the induction phase long term to better manage insulin and blood glucose. I've been in what is equivalent to induction for over 4 years, and I feel great! Fat consumption is not essential to achieve and stay in ketosis. Just keep the carbs very low and limit protein to moderate servings. For example, I eat about 85-105 grams of protein per day and sometimes go with more. With my protein, I never trim any fat off of meat, that's how I include healthy fats to keep me satiated. If you want a larger serving, go with low carb vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower with butter or a big salad with olive oil as part of the dressing. There are many healthy ways to fill you up. At this stage, I never get hunger cravings the way I used to when I was primarily a carb eater.

You're making good progress. Explore this forum, as there is a lot of good information and many knowledgeable posters.