#29   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-02, 14:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 153/143/125
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default Oh my gosh!!

After having been diagnosed with PCOS/IR about 2 1/2 years ago, I had come to understand it and deal with it. My doctor called me last night (yeah, weird huh. He called me from his home at 9p on a Friday night adn talked to me like a person not just a patient!) and says the metformin is too commonly prescribed and he's taking me off of it, that he doesn't believe I have PCOS/IR based on the current guidelines for diagnosing it. I just started going to him in October after changing insurances and I greatly respect his opinion, but I am just dumbfounded! It is ripping me apart! I finally thought that after 4 years of trying to have a baby, that I had understood why I haven't been able to get pregnant very easily (2 prenancies and 2 miscarriages)and now I feel like I'm back to the very beginning and it's 1997! I feel like everyone else is on earth and I'm on venus or some undiscovered planet! I guess the word is, lost. Everything I have been basing my life on for the last couple of years is gone. I am going to research it some more today and see what I can come up with. I am also going to make an appt to see him so I can see the results for myself and how he came to this conclusion. Maybe the first reproductive endo I saw had no idea what she was talking about. He wants me to see another endo and get another opinion, though, which I know is important in medicine. Thanks for listening and will keep you posted.

Chele