#20   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-01, 19:25
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile hi Brenda

(ok, I'll only whisper congrats for now --- and I'm holding my breath right along with you and yer hubby .. )

From the reading I've done (probably the same articles you've read and printed out) it seems that you are wise to want to continue the Metformin .. especially during the first trimester. It's a good job you're seeing an Endocrinologist soon. She (he) should be able to guide you knowledgeably in this.

I'm a little worried to read about the cramping and the weight loss. Not good! Um, not sure what level of lowcarbing you're following, but most programs advise that you increase your carb intake to Maintenance Levels, or somewhere around 80 to 100g per day. Try to get the carbs mainly from vegetables, less-sweet fruits (not juice), legumes, dairy and eggs, and small amounts of whole grains.

Here are links to some of the Official low-carb program websites, and what they have to say about pregancy and Low-carbingActually, I just re-read your post, and noted the frequent urination. Make sure you're drinking lots and lots of water. Don't get dehydrated ... that might explain the missing 3 lbs.

Take care, and keep us posted..

Doreen