#39   ^
Old Wed, Jun-28-17, 07:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jey100
If you have added a 16 or 23 hour fast to your day, the biggest benefit for me was the ability to "moderate" protein. Eating 3 meals, starting with egg and bacon, my Total daily protein levels were likely too high. But it is hard to overeat protein at one sitting, so by having fewer meals, you may also have removed one issue which stalls weight loss for some...overdoing the protein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_d
Yeah, it makes things easier, simpler, and you eventually feel like eating less with one main meal-a-day.

Helps to avoid overdoing fat calories as well, for those close to goal and still trying to make some progress, however slow

Plus it saves time you can better spend on other activities that don't revolve around eating.

This is an excellent summary of what I've been experiencing lately, and I'm going to stick with it as long as it works so well. The intermittent fasting - for me, 16 hours from dinner till lunch the next day - feels natural and comfortable and is helping along my weight loss. I eat primarily lunch and dinner and am feeling and functioning well, losing 1-2 pounds a week. I'll take it!