1 med. onion chopped
1 med. carrot chopped
3 stalks celery chopped
1 poblano pepper chopped
garlic 3-6 bulbs chopped fine
1 bunch green onions chopped
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
Lime cut into wedges
2.5 lbs. chopped chicken meat or use whole chicken thighs with skin on and bone for extra flavor and nutrition (your choice, I like dark meat)
3 bay leaves
1-2 Tbsp mexican seasoning (salt free, I also like to add a touch of fresh cinnamon and a few freshly ground allspice berries)
chili flakes to taste
1 large can chopped tomatoes
about 4 cups or so chicken broth
Sour Cream (optional)
Pepper
Sea Salt

Sweat the onion, garlic, carrot and celery until soft with a dash of sea salt and a handful of pepper flakes. Cook until you smell the hot pepper oil. Add chopped chicken and a little sea salt to season the meat and cook through. (If using whole chicken thighs, pre-brown seperately after having seasoned them with a little salt and pepper, not necessary to cook em through). Add the mexican seasoning, some black pepper, bay leaves, poblano, chicken stock and chopped tomatoes. Cook at a medium simmer covered for about an 45 minutes to an hour. Check seasoning and adjust. Add chopped cilantro and green onion and cook for 15 minutes more. Serve with lime wedges and Sour Cream if your doing dairy.

(Some people don't like cilantro...no sweat, just use some italian parsley in it's place)