View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-18, 07:13

Plan: restrict carbs
Stats: 210/170/160 Male 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default yesterday was hard!

been doing low carb for about 5 years (off and on but mostly on) and maintained fairly well but still have about 10 pounds to lose (or re-lose). i was a lille lax over thanksgiving / christmas holiday. due to some recent changes i got very strict and went back to induction. completed the first week with the usual challenges - nothing unbearable - until yesterday.

for whatever reason yesterday was the most difficult day i believe i ever had with avoiding carbs. several reasons:
i had been working from home for the past couple weeks and yesterday i went back into the office. we have a sweet lady there who always has all kinds of snacks; one of my favs is "Wheat Thins". seems like that was all i could think about all day; i even went over there a few times to look at them; but i did resist. however, i did east about 3 servings of salted almonds (about 15 net carbs - but that is much better than a hundred grams of wheat thins).

then after work wife and i attended one of those retirement talks where they fed you a meal. however, they wait so long to feed you because they want you to listen to their talk. but they do bring out a log of bread to much on. again, was getting very hungry and needed to take something with some meds.

bottom line i also resisted the bread - so had a clean day although it was a struggle. Today (this morning) i feel so much better knowing i did not cave in like i probably would have in the past. i believe i will definitely be stronger today. it was just one of those occasional days where things aligned poorly.

yay me (and you).
gw
Sponsored Links