#56   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 15:38

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 398/391/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Message for ERIN

Hello Erin-

I have read your posts and I'm seeing something a little bit deeper than what has already been discussed. Please forgive me if I'm stepping over the line, but I think it's important for us to be honest with each other b/c this journey is definitely NOT just about losing weight. Like everyone else has said, it's also about healing our innerselves and undoing a lot of societal damage. There is a different undertone that I'm sensing in your posts. I'm concerned that you are a size 4 and still seeing yourself as fat or rather not INTERNALIZING the fact that you are not the larger size. While I do understand what that is like (I have the same problem when I go to the stores), there is a point where that really becomes dangerous. Being a size 16 and seeing yourself as a size 20 is way less potentially harmful than being a size 4 and seeing yourself as a 10, do you understand what I'm trying to say? My challenge to you is to really ask yourself where it will stop. If you are already a size 4, where is the need coming from to lose more weight? I really do think that there is a need for some body image counseling.

I hope you haven't taken this the wrong way! It's meant in the most caring sense possible!

Peace and Balance,
Tesia