#3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-30-15, 15:01

Plan: Atkins> LCHF >Carnivore
Stats: 200/183.5/150 Female 5'8" inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulee
Hi everyone, i ve been doing low carb for one and a half months, my starting thread is in emotional and body issues forum and my backstory is there.

I started with about 176. The truth is that is an estimate, i havent weigh in a long time, and im afraid to do so cause the number will probably KILL my self esteem, and im afraid it will make me give everything up .

My backstory: i ve been thin all my life, i ve been a very thin teenager (around 110 at 5´10), also was thin in my twenties (between 130 and 140), since im big build (have a wide back) i looked really very thin at 140.

Point is, most of my young life i ve been from thin to very thin, and when i was around 26 (im 33), i started slowly (very slowly) gaining weight, till i get to be actually fat, without even noticing. But the truth is that i was never actually fat until this year, i was kinda mantaining between 150-165, for the last couple of years. It was THIS YEAR, that my weigh peaked and i gained something like 20 pounds in like A MONTH.

The last time i weigh was in 2013, and i weigh around 160 back then, in 2014 i kinda was in that same weight, but i started going out with my boyfriend, everything went steady, this year we move in together and BAM, i gained weight very rapidly and was gaining more and more. So, for the FIRST TIME EVER i decided i will diet. I searched and searched and decided low carb was the best diet (plus, i knew this site from before, i ve been registered for years but never actually did the diet).

Now, one month and a half after starting the diet, i lost maybe 5 pounds (this is from pictures i ve been taking weekly, from people tell me they can notice, and from clothes that fit better than before), nothing else. Meanwhile, i deprived myself from all foods i love, specially chocolate .

I LOVE meat, thats true, but i eat meat every day (with some vegetables, but meat meat meat), and im kind of tired of it. I also would love to eat some sweets (i dont eat any since starting the diet), or some pizza once in a while, or not be afraid of rice. Anyways, the point is, i still feel really fat , still cant find a jean that fits me in stores (been using a black jogging for works for weeks, because i dont find clothes than fit), and when i take a picture i see my giant face and giant body and i cant believe im that person.

Yes, i did lost some weight, but it is so little, im still so far away of being like i used to be or even normal, i still CANT fit in the jeans i wore last year! and the sacrifice is so much, that i dont even know if its worth it anymore!!!

How do you guys do to feel like all this is worth it? even if you are losing something like 0.5 pounds a week??

help and advice is very appreciated and needed!!!

thank you

Lulee, are you sure you only lost 5 lbs.? Did you weigh yourself before you started? Have you weighed yourself everyday since then? If you have been strict, you may have lost more than 5 lbs, especially if others are noticing it also. If you want pizza, make some cauliflower crust pizza! It's quite good, especially drizzled with extra olive oil.

And not to be nosy, but if it's near that time of the month, I always feel super frustrated and craving chocolate and sweets. Maybe some sugar free Jello with HWC can tide you over? Best of luck!