#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-30-15, 14:46
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 176/176/145 Female 5,9
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Im thinking about quitting LC and go eat a pizza

Hi everyone, i ve been doing low carb for one and a half months, my starting thread is in emotional and body issues forum and my backstory is there.

I started with about 176. The truth is that is an estimate, i havent weigh in a long time, and im afraid to do so cause the number will probably KILL my self esteem, and im afraid it will make me give everything up .

My backstory: i ve been thin all my life, i ve been a very thin teenager (around 110 at 5´10), also was thin in my twenties (between 130 and 140), since im big build (have a wide back) i looked really very thin at 140.

Point is, most of my young life i ve been from thin to very thin, and when i was around 26 (im 33), i started slowly (very slowly) gaining weight, till i get to be actually fat, without even noticing. But the truth is that i was never actually fat until this year, i was kinda mantaining between 150-165, for the last couple of years. It was THIS YEAR, that my weigh peaked and i gained something like 20 pounds in like A MONTH.

The last time i weigh was in 2013, and i weigh around 160 back then, in 2014 i kinda was in that same weight, but i started going out with my boyfriend, everything went steady, this year we move in together and BAM, i gained weight very rapidly and was gaining more and more. So, for the FIRST TIME EVER i decided i will diet. I searched and searched and decided low carb was the best diet (plus, i knew this site from before, i ve been registered for years but never actually did the diet).

Now, one month and a half after starting the diet, i lost maybe 5 pounds (this is from pictures i ve been taking weekly, from people tell me they can notice, and from clothes that fit better than before), nothing else. Meanwhile, i deprived myself from all foods i love, specially chocolate .

I LOVE meat, thats true, but i eat meat every day (with some vegetables, but meat meat meat), and im kind of tired of it. I also would love to eat some sweets (i dont eat any since starting the diet), or some pizza once in a while, or not be afraid of rice. Anyways, the point is, i still feel really fat , still cant find a jean that fits me in stores (been using a black jogging for works for weeks, because i dont find clothes than fit), and when i take a picture i see my giant face and giant body and i cant believe im that person.

Yes, i did lost some weight, but it is so little, im still so far away of being like i used to be or even normal, i still CANT fit in the jeans i wore last year! and the sacrifice is so much, that i dont even know if its worth it anymore!!!

How do you guys do to feel like all this is worth it? even if you are losing something like 0.5 pounds a week??

help and advice is very appreciated and needed!!!

thank you
Sponsored Links