View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 09:49

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 155/143/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Smothered Chicken

I got this from the Somersizing Recipe Discussion Board. It is fabulous and I wanted to share it. It was posted there by "Deb B"

2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs (or enough to fill the pan)
1/3 C sour cream
1/3 C Mayo
1/2 packet of dry Hidden Valley Dip mix
1-2 T heavy cream
3-4 cans of sliced mushrooms, or fresh
1/4 C (or more) grated parmesan cheese (or parm/romano blend - be sure it's grated, not shredded)

Place thawed (a little frozen yet still works) chicken breasts or thighs in a single layer baking dish. Spread mushrooms over the chicken, trying to keep them on the chicken. Mix together sour cream, mayo, Hidden Valley Dip mix, and cream until blended. Place large dollops of the mixture on each breast, then spread it out so that it covers all meat and mushrooms. Sprinkle grated cheese on top until covered (the more cheese, the more "crusty" it gets). Bake at 375 until top is starting to get orange-brown and crusty - about 45-60 minutes.

Using a metal spatula, serve onto a plate, trying to keep the yummy stuff on top of each breast intact. The chicken will be very juicy and the stuff on top is very yummy, hence our name for it!

Things not to do:
I once tried to make this into a casserole by dicing up the chicken first. I ended up with tough little pieces of chicken that were not very juicy. The shredded (fancy) parmesan cheese, instead of the grated, turns to little hard shards when browned that stab you as you try to eat it, or if not as browned, are still too "crunchy"."
Sponsored Links