View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-18, 05:47
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Cremorne. I'm with Janet - you're posting in the Atkins forum, so I assume you're trying to stick to that plan. The induction rules are here. If you don't consider yourself on induction, nuts are later in the plan anyway, no need to have them. There are no proportions you should be aiming for - just follow the rules. Eat liberally of the allowed meats, eat your veggies with ample fat. There should be no reason to gob on extra fat, unless you're consuming too many lean meats like non-fatty white fish and skinless chicken breast. I do like these, and when I eat them, I'm mindful to have them with something fatty like guacamole or cream sauce on fish. Yum... I love white fish with a garlic/dill cream sauce. Very easy and fast to make.

Like Teaser mentioned, dairy can be problematic. It can be insulinogenic independent of its carb count - I think that's part of the reason it's limited on Atkins (as well as other plans.) I wouldn't go adding extra cheese just because you're looking to meet some ratio somewhere. I find it easy to go overboard sometimes, so I enjoy cheese on its own, or when it makes food "tolerable" (certain veggies) - I avoid it if it doesn't "add anything" to my food.

Do consider starting a journal here if you'd like better feedback on your foods. Best of luck.