View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-06-17, 09:12

Plan: Atkins 20
Stats: 237.6/150/155 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 106%

Hi Danelionp: Welcome! I think my best tip isn't a particular recipe but encouraging you to browse recipes here and on other low carb sites to find sttuff you absolutely love. My partner and I have found that we LOVE the foods we are eating and we keep finding more and more and more amazing new meals to make so that we never miss the foods we've given up.

I have also found that 9 months into this new WOE, my appetite has decreased and my entire perception of what is a "portion size" has changed. I think we are spending less on food , even though we are buying more expensive stuff, because we eat so much less now -- just two meals a day, barely any snacks. That didn't happen all at once.... for me, I'd say that the noticeable appetite and "down in the bone" change in my relationship to food and portions came about 7 or 8 months in.

I do keep a few snacky foods on hand. We make our own beef jerky in a dehydrator (controls the sugar content). I usually have snacks available for the rare times I feel like gnawing on something: for that, I keep salami, cheese, boiled eggs, olives, nuts, pumpkin seeds, chicken wings around. I drink quite a bit of tea, and also have some home-made chicken or beef stock/broth.

I keep thinking I am going to start posting pix and links to recipes of my favorite foods on my blog, but that is pretty time consuming so I haven't done it yet.

I actually feel sorry for overweight people who haven't discovered this WOE. Both because of the health benefits, the weight loss benefits -- and the healthfulness and taste of the wonderful food I am having every day.