Thread: Do you snack?
View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-17, 11:03

Plan: VLC/Carnivore
Stats: 369/301/299 Female 5'9"
BF:too much.
Progress: 97%

I eat 3 meals a day - no snacks - and occasionally fast from 18-24 hours. When I first started, I found I could literally eat all day long if I allowed myself too. I'm actually no hungrier now at 3 meals than I was when I was snacking constantly...it was just the mental gratification of filling my pie hole all day that kept me eating, I think....mental hunger perhaps?

I've discovered two things that help with my hunger greatly over time. One...I eat red meat with my first meal of the day. Whether I'm fasting and this meal is at 5 p.m. or I'm eating breakfast that day...hamburger/roast/steak helps me feel full the remainder of that day. I think the higher protein load first thing is what does this. Fat doesn't have much effect on my hunger unfortunately...so eating a lb of bacon for breakfast doesn't do it for me (or adding extra fat or butter)...which leads to:

Second, I had to dump dairy. Even butter. I found I couldn't lose weight when I ate it, and it was far too easy for me to overeat as well. I'm fairly certain that was the casein's addictive nature combined with my insulin response when I ate it. That insulin response meant the weight stayed on and I felt hungrier as well. Again, could have been in my head.

This of course, is all intensely personal to me. You will need to figure out what works for you, as others have stated