View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Feb-02-14, 12:58

Plan: Don't
Stats: 100/100/115 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress:
Exclamation Warning against maca use for hypothyroid

I originally found an article about this herb used to treat depression and became very interested. I have a very severe case of depression and was excited to read this would help. I also read that this helps women gain weight in feminine areas such as thighs, hips and breasts. Naturally that Peaked my interest seeing how I am underweight, and I became very excited at the possibility of being happy and not experiencing anxiety and also possibly gaining some pounds... However, besides this thread, every other article I have read warns people with a thyroidism against using this plant root. I was incredibly disappointed by this, and though I am happy to have found this forum which suggests maca actually helps thyroidisms, I'm actually still worried. I don't want to develop anything bc of it, but I'm willing to try it in hopes that it will help with my depression and anxiety levels as well as boost my energy. If I could just feel good for once. I read the article that you guys posted about that doctor from Chile but I still felt uneasy about her response regarding not having a standard effect recognized w the use of maca by hypothyroid people. Anyone have more info?