View Single Post
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 17:51

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Sue, samples of my workouts are in my Gym Log, which you can access here - I started BFL on November 11th. All workouts were done with dumb bells at first and then I picked up a curling bar and a barbell in december to increase weights. It is very possible to do this at home - a gym membership is NOT required

As for cardio - treadmill is best, followed by an elliptical/ski machine. Avoid a bike if you can - they don't give you as intense a workout (All this information comes from a study done in Muscle Media magazine a few months ago, BTW). The great thing about BFL cardio is that it is High Intensity Interval and it's only done for 20 minutes. No matter how much you loathe that treadmill, you can handle it for 20 minutes, right? The intervals make it interesting. They also make it the best fat burning kind of aerobic activity you can do.

There is also a BFL subforum you can check out, Sue. At the top there is a sticky with information on doing BFL a la LC - at the end of the post there are some links that you should check out.

While you're in the exercise forum check out "General exercise" for the stikies on beginners starting out - by TrainerDan. And if you've got the time browse the gym logs - Lisaf, Marlaine, Bsayne (Beth) and Pegm all have BFL journals in there.

More information than you can shake a stick at !
Nat