Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 07:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/My Own
Stats: 97/83/68
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Terribly exciting ...

Hey Cheryl

Yup the hospital visit is between two and four nights. It really depends on how long it takes before the drain is ready to be removed. That's a thing that's individual to each person - but on average it's between two and four nights for the stay. I was a bit worried about the drain - being familiar with what netballers go through when they have their knees reconstructed - but I'm assured it's pretty painless as it's not being pulled out of a joint!

Would you believe the only niggling doubt I have is nothing to do with my personal safety or fear of 'going under' or the scarring or anything like that - it's more to do with what my potential future partner/husband might think. Sometimes I worry that he (whoever he may be) might have issues with me 'tampering' with what God gave me. But then I think about people born with birth defects and how no one would question them wanting to get it fixed. In this case, it's not a defect as such - just something that causes discomfort and pain, not to mention difficulty buying underwear and clothing, and also makes me quite self-conscious. I won't deny there's some vanity involved in deciding to go ahead with it - and I guess if a man in the future had a problem then it's HIS problem. Nevertheless, the thought niggles.

Rebecca