View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-13-18, 01:03

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Time flies when you're having fun. Learn how to get the most out of your new WOE. Find new foods that you might not have considered for whatever reason previously, but may be suitable now. Maybe you didn't like them before, but maybe there's another way of having them that allows you to fit them into your diet. For me, that was avocados; I could never find a way to enjoy them until I learned how to make a smoothie, using some sugar-free drinking chocolate for a bit of flavour.

Never stop learning. Read books, scientific articles, blogs and forums. Listen to podcasts. Watch videos of interviews, documentaries and other presentations. Soak up as much knowledge as you can handle. I've bought several books in the last couple of years, am currently working through two of them and have another lined up next.

Write about what you've learned. Maybe keep it to yourself in the form of a diary. Maybe write about it online in the form of a journal here, or even start your own blog. Exchange information with user groups, be it forums, social media or wherever you feel comfortable. I started my journal here about 5 months into my initial weight loss journey, and it was exactly what I needed to help me maintain momentum for the rest of the way. Even now - having maintained my loss for almost a year and a half - I'm finding new and still-relevant adventures to write about.

Finally if you can't have fun with it, at least stay busy. Give yourself plenty to do at work, maybe pick up some other unrelated hobby at home or elsewhere to keep your mind from drifting. Don't give yourself as many opportunities to think about your weight and it won't stand out as such an issue for you.