View Single Post
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-13, 09:55

Plan: My own
Stats: 250/161.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Let's think. Cancer would benefit tremendously from this. Diabetes, obesity, childhood epilepsy, Alzheimer's, multiple sclerosis, basically all diseases of civilization would benefit equally.

To put it differently, a safety officer tempers overzealous experts. This would have the secondary effect of sieving out the bad experts we read about every day on this forum.

I'd even go as far as making a law that requires any official advocacy group include a safety officer. AMA, ADA, etc. And since those official organizations have a highly public profile, also require an equally high public profile for the opinions of the safety officer. So for example, on the ADA's website, we'd have the standard advice as it stands now, but with the addition of an obvious link to the safety officer's opinion (context appropriate or whatever), which must be in full disagreement with the standard advice, and include all known alternatives to it.
I'm enjoying reading your thoughts, especially about safety officers for all the major advocacy groups. Very sensible, indeed.

But again, is it ever likely to happen, given how much money those groups make off of ill people, not to mention the whole med-pharm industries??