#3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-19-08, 14:31

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTX
What always gets me is mentality, depression, eating issues....

Any advice as I get started?

Welcome to the forum. Specifically, what is it that gets to you? If it's depression, for instance, it could be the lower serotonin levels that may result from a low carb diet. Eating more carbs, or taking something like 5-HTP may be helpful. I know from past experience that I feel like absolute crap if I try to eat very low carb, but so far I'm having good luck losing on an average of 100 carbs/day.

I would also encourage you to start a journal and track your food with MyPlan. The journal is to discuss and vent those eating issues. And I've found MyPlan to be very helpful in getting out of some past mentality that always sabotaged me. At Thanksgiving, for instance, I ate some food that I intended to eat but nevertheless still left me feeling vaguely guilty. But when I plugged it into MyPlan, I saw that I hadn't overeaten at all so my guilt was misplaced and I actually wound up losing that week. I'm also hopeful that by documenting what's working for me now, I can refer back to it later if I run into trouble. Now some people are drawn to lc eating so they don't have to count anything, and I'm one that never wanted to even keep a food diary on paper, but I find the computer program to be totally different in its effect on me. It's almost fun.

Your mileage may vary of course, but that's one thing that is good about this place; there are lots of posters with different perspectives. Keep posting and looking around and you will find helpful people and comments.