Thread: Beginner
View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-11, 05:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

Hi there, Molly. Sorry you're feeling disappointed. If your calories have been quite low, then your metabolism might need some time to repair itself. You do not need to stay on induction for more time. Adding in more veggies will give more interest to the diet and make it more enjoyable, so start the OWL incremental increases in your daily carb intake.

With regard to variety in the diet, the first time I did induction, my meat intake for the fortnight was 1 chicken breast and 3 rashers of bacon.

Here's a thread in which people suggested alternatives to meat:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=376086

Here are some other suggestions:

Riced cauliflower: This is really tasty. There are various recipe suggestions, including my own in this thread here:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...20&page=2&pp=15

haddock ideas:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...227#post7600227

King prawns: simple prawn cocktail with lettuce, tomatoes, king prawns and garlic mayonnaise or home-made prawn cocktail sauce (mix mayonnaise with Lea and Perrins and tomato puree.

Tuna dip: mix tuna with mayonnaise and use it as a dip for veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, etc.

Cottage cheese munch: chop 1 red and 1 green pepper and mix them through a tub of cottage cheese with 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise.

Avocado and tuna salad: Mix chopped avocado with flaked tuna and add a little sesame oil for flavour. If you don't have sesame oil, you could try making a salad dressing of your choice.

Cottage cheese vegetable quiche: mix up four eggs with a carton of cottage cheese, seasoning etc. Layer a fried onion, 2 sliced tomatoes, 4-6oz sliced cheddar in a container, then add the egg/cottage cheese mix. Cook at 200 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Eat 1/4 hot or cold with vegetables or a salad.

Vegetable curry. Fry an onion, add a tin of tomatoes and stew them with some curry powder to taste for about 5-10 minutes. Add a variety of low-carb veggies of your choice (you could also add some chickpeas or butterbeans when you are further up the OWL scale), season and simmer until the veggies are cooked to your taste then stir through some greek yoghurt to make it creamy. A knob of butter or some coconut oil will add luxury.

Stir-fry tofu. Buy smoked tofu for flavour, and cut into cubes. (You could marinate cubes of ordinary tofu in soy sauce and Chinese 5-spice for flavour). Fry the tofu then remove from the pan. Stir fry onion with other veggies, garlic, ginger, Chinese 5-spice. Add the tofu to heat it through then serve.

I can give you loads of other nice light recipes.. Just let me know when you need more.

You can do it, Molly.. Just give it time. Sometimes the weight takes a bit longer to get off, especially if you've already been dieting and your metabolism is a bit wonky.. Hugs xxx