View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 21:44

Plan: Atkins diet
Stats: 208/200/160
BF:
Progress: 17%

hi stacy:
i've been on the somersizing for only about one month, but i was on a similar diet years ago for 3 years for bowel disease. i can't tell you how good i feel. i feel more balanced. i believe it's to do with adding more exercise (which i have always hated) and switching to suzanne somers diet. i saw an interview with her this morning on canada am and she sounded so balanced. and i really appreciate her common sense. (its sort of a combination of "fit for life" and "atkins").
three blood pressure lowering foods that i have added are, first thing in the morning, a hand full of raisins, and one apple. then i go to the gym for a brisk 20 min. walk on the tredmill adding weights every other day (after 6 monthes fo weights and 6 weeks of tredmill, i'm coming to almost like the exercise) and when i get home i rebound for 3 minutes (morning and evening) , i cook 1/2 cup of large flake rolled oats slowly over low heat and add 1 tsp of brown sugar twin. that's my morning regeam(?). the rest of the day is a regular low carb diet carefull not to combine any of the wrong foods. (usually eggs and salad for lunch and meat and salad or vegetables or a casserole for supper)
i've also made some life attitude changes as well. like, i am never deprived, food is nutritian not comfort, i have no favorite foods, exercise is not my enemy, i will love life and myself no matter what i weigh. and who said food was that important.
i am 52 years old and i want to live a long and healthy life having as much good clean fun as i can.
hope this helps,
take care,
jane