#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 15:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/175/164 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 82%
Unhappy 7 Months and only lost 7 pounds

This is my 1st time posting. I need your thoughts on my case. In Nov. 2002 my doctor told me to try Atkins. The 1st 2 weeks I lost the 7 pounds. That was 7 months ago!!! Since then I have hit a plateau. I generally keep my carbs under 20, my protein around 90-120, sodium 2100-3100, fat 82-125, calories 1600-2100, water 64-100 oz daily. I gave up anything with sugar alcohol in it after reading somone else's post. For the last 3 months I even stepped up my exercise from 1 hr of daily walking outside(3 miles) to walking a treadmill doing 30 min.(2 miles) before work in the am and 30 min(2 miles) in the pm. I'm a 51 yr. old female and usually my heart rate goes anywhere from 125-142. Why arn't I loosing weight??? I complained to the doctor. Then he tells me that Atkins is known for only being effective the first couple of weeks, then not so good after that. He now suggest I try weight watchers!! I don't know what to do. Everything about Atkins makes absolute logical sense. Eating lowfat made me this overweight. Does anyone have a suggestion that will help me!! Maybe there's still something that I'm doing wrong. Please help
Sponsored Links