BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by admo
thyroxine 8.9
tsh 2.95

any suggestions?
thanks guys

Admo, your TSH is high, it's almost 3.0. I suspected it would be. Most people who are 'normal', with no thyroid disease, have a TSH below 1.0. This is where your doctor should be trying to get yours. That being said, TSH is not as important as your FT levels. It looks to me like that is a total thyroxine, or T4 level, which is not the most accurate. I suspect your doctor is NOT ordering the right tests to monitor your progress.

Do you have the lab range for the T4 number? It should be on the right of the report, 8.9 looks low to me, but w/o the upper and lower lab range I cannot be sure. In any event, a TSH of 2.95 is a sign your body is trying to make more thyroid hormones. A T4 that is low is a sign it cannot - this is because the antibodies in Hashi's attack the very mechanism by which your body makes the hormones.

I think you need an increase; based on the high TSH and your low looking T4. You definitely need better tests. You require a FT4 and FT3, which will tell you how much Freed circulating hormones you have.

Nat