View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Dec-09-17, 19:21
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

I'm not SB'ing it, but will join in on this discussion--I hope that's alright with folks.

A lot of my triggers are situational and multi-factorial. In other words, I could walk past X with no problem one day, and the next day if I'm feeling stressed, it's a problem. Example, food in the break-room at work. People think I have a lot of willpower. If I had that, I could eat one and move on. I don't, so . . . I don't!

But I've turned to food a lot over the years that I worked there, and have used it as an emotional crutch, so those habits still have their power to hum at me.

I quit smoking decades ago--but never lost sight of what it means to be addicted to cigarettes. I told myself then that if I ever smoked a pack again, I'd be right back to being a practicing smoker. I'm not an ex-smoker; I'm an abstaining smoker, cigarette-free for many years now. I stay humble about this, because it's appropriate to be humble.

I think I need to adopt a similar mindset about carb triggers.

I went grocery shopping today. Filled my cart with a week's worth of groceries for $57US. The only impulse item in there was fresh asparagus. The rest is just food. And I was light on my feet, and moving fast, and enjoying how it felt to move. Then I saw a woman there who reminded me of me when I was at my heaviest. I can't say what I felt--maybe a multitude of things--but it gave me pause for thought. I just remembered really hard.

Still working this out. I have to.