View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Dec-04-17, 14:14

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Yes, sugar is a big problem. It's a leading contributor to obesity. It can lead to diabetes, and heart and liver disease, but if you can't stop yourself from eating it, or giving it some medical power that it doesn't possess, well, that's on you.

This appears to be the very philosophy that underlies those who are into fat shaming, the inspirational message for "The Biggest Loser," and the general naivete of those who think that everyone (or even "most") are in control of their diets. Who can argue without a shadow of a doubt that consuming carbs/sugar is not chemical? I can remember as a kid eating way too much cake frosting, and I'd get what felt like chills or rushes once the sugar started into my digestive system. Isn't that chemical? And is the low carb flu not withdrawal?

Headlines are written to attract attention, and today, many media sources follow conflict-based marketing. Controversy attracts readers and viewers. Looking at this publication, TNation, it's clear that this is their M.O.

The other implied definition here is that if one is addicted to what is identified here as a "truly addictive" substance (heroin as an example in this case), then one has an excuse for not being able to kick the addiction and that it is a disease. I could argue that one, but I won't take the space here. Provocative headlines designed as click bait seem to be the case here.