View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-23-17, 07:36
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

About your hunger issue... I hear you on that. When I weighed over 400 pounds if I wasn't sleeping I was eating or thinking about eating. If I had a moment of satisfaction it was after eating a ton of food and even that didn't last long. That is the norm when you eat lots of carbs and have a screwed up metabolism. The greatest thing about eating low carb is that this will all change. It takes a little while to adapt, but you will stop being hungry all the time. You will discover what it is like to have long periods of time between meals where you are fully satisfied and not even thinking about eating. When your metabolism straightens out your body will start using your fat reserves to feed on. You will WANT to eat LESS FOOD. You won't be fighting hunger while you lose the weight and get healthy.

If you are like me the diet will get kind of boring for a while. You will be tempted to cheat or take a break. I always did on low carb diets of the past. That was my mistake. If you stick to your program the cravings will fade. If you keep entertaining those cravings they will intensify. It is cheating and planned 'off-plan eating' that make stay on a low carb diet a real struggle. Stick to LC foods no matter what. Eventually low carb foods will feel like normal eating and you won't even be tempted by the old favorites you are no longer eating. You will gain the upper hand in your eating. The food will lose its power over you. That is a terrific place to be. So remember this... being bored is better than being hungry on a diet and even the boring phase will come to an end. You just need to outlast it.

About this being an unhealthy diet. Read my 1000 days of healthy eating post (see my footer below). If this way of eating is so unhealthy, why did EVERYTHING that was wrong with me get better. This is a healthy way of eating. It is how I need to eat. My doctor was not so convinced in the beginning. She became a fan of low carb by the time I was done. She had never seen this kind of turn around in someone's health.

If I can do it, you can do it. Do it. It will be tough at first, but you will be so glad that you did. I got my life and my health back. That is worth so much more than a donut, slice of pizza, or a candy bar.