Old Tue, Dec-04-07, 15:20

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 200/186/140 Female 5' 2"
BF:Way too much
Progress: 23%
Thumbs up After work out breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by katz259
Im 42 and at an ALL TIME bloat of 165 pounds. VERY depressed about my weight, iv had some medical problems the last few years and have not been able to get my weight under control . Now it seems that i gain weight when i smell something!! I need to be 122 pounds..Ive started to suffer form arthiritis which is a BAD sign..dont wnat ANY more health problems. Please tell me this is the rightplace to make a new beginning. Ive read South Beach and it seems scientific and seen people who have succeded...and Im willing to put in everything I have...My worry is breakfast. After I wotrk out I need a high carb breakfast in the morning and i cant do meat at that time...can someone help me

Hi Katz259:

I'm a newbie to this SB having been on it only 2.5 weeks, I am a carb junkie (or ex CJ now!) and have been for years and years, have struggled with weight, and yoyo'd for years, I can not believe how good I feel on SB - I'm never really that hungry, my carb cravings are gone, so are my sugar cravings .... it's really amazing. Dr. Agatston who designed the program, the cardioligist, certainly did his research.

I used to love my high carb brekky after working out; however, I have switched quite easily to breakfast frittata's (lean bacon, eggs, mushrooms, red peppers, etc. ... I make it in a large square pan and then have a piece heated up for breakfast. Or, I don't mind 1% cottage cheese with some chunks of tomatoes mixed in. Even a boiled egg, or poached egg on a piece of lean bacon with some tomatoe, or egg substitute omlette, or even an egg white and one yoke omlette with veggies in it. Sometimes I just grab a couple of pieces of lean turkey lunch meat and wrap red peppers in it and some bits of part-skim mozzarella, and wrap a boston lettuce leaf around it all and it's pretty good.

Hope that helps somewhat ... it really does work though, and you may find like I did that you really don't miss the carbs.

Ms A