View Single Post
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-16, 07:19

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

And I thought if I answered how the NIH divvies up its research dollars that discussion would also end up in the political war zone
An article from back in 2011 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tamar...g_b_545500.html

Quote:
And where does prevention fit into medical research spending? When I spoke with Dr. Field, he pointed out that we humans seem to be geared toward issues that give us emotional satisfaction. Science has a much stronger emotional pull when it can point to evidence of how it saves people who were once ill and do not die. This is more compelling than when we simply prevent disease. In other words, there is much more emotional valence in saying, “that person had cancer and is now better,” as opposed to “we got that person to quit smoking and so now he may not get cancer.” Interestingly, Field remarked that Americans seem to feel this way more than our foreign counterparts.

Adding another Fung post about why diabetes IS reversible, his classic "turd in the punch bowl" rant: https://intensivedietarymanagement....-diabetes-t2d5/

Through Dr Westman's support group, local and on-online, I know many who have reversed their diabetes...for years. There was a new post this morning from a women I met at the Feb meeting. She started the clinic diet on Jan 26th, in 4 weeks she was off all insulin. In less than 3 months, her A1c has gone from 8.9 to 6.8. Wrote she has never had a 6 number "in her diabetic life", even though she was on high levels of insulin. She has a long weight loss journey ahead and her diabetic neuropathy will take time to resolve, but she will not go back to the way of eating that had caused years of suffering.

You would enjoy the FREE Diabetes Summit starting Monday. Dr Westman is one of five speakers kicking it off, all about LCHF and Diabetes. Details in the diabetes forum.