Plan: atkins
Stats: 120/109/100 Female 58.5
BF:
Progress: 55%
Cool Re: Ketosis Test Strips

Quote:
Originally posted by rushnjag
Hello,

I am new to the low-carb eating program, although I did try Atkins (with a decent amount of success) about 10 years ago. Since then I have been eating as most Americans do; fast food, delivery, junk food, loads of carb rich foods and have managed to reach 225 lbs. I have spent much time and effort trying other diets, mostly low-fat types, that did nothing for me. Finally, after a recent physical showed my weight at 225 and cholesterol over 250, I decided a change was necessary. I started Atkins on 2-10-03 and lost 7 pounds that first week. I am now 3 weeks into it and have losted 20 pounds!!!!! My clothes are starting to fall of and I love it!!! I plan on staying on my now modified induction (I have found a great low-carb bread that I have added into my diet, one slice at a time) for another few weeks, then onto OWL.

My question is this: Does anyone know where I can find the ketosis test strips here in Jacksonville, Florida?? I am sure I have entered ketosis, as my carb intake for almost everyday since starting has been in the range of 5-10 carbs a day, but I would like verification and to be able to bring a few more carbs into my diet without fear of over doing it.

Thanks for your help,

Scott Hylton
Jacksonville, Fl