#42   ^
Old Sun, Jan-08-17, 12:16

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwtwindo
... Planted some California poppies (threw seed on the ground)...
...Oh, I made jackfruit tacos. They were meh. Not sure if it was the jackfruit I didn't like or the flavoring (chili and lime). Had a slight soapy aftertaste. Buh-bye. Enjoy the trash can. lol.

Hi Paula - I hope you are feeling much better... I hate being sick.

Ha, Ca poppies will grow like weeds, as you know... I was digging around in my glove box for something and found a packet of black sunflower seeds I kept from last year to go feed the birds by hand at one of the parks last winter in Ohio...so I planted them in my barrel, they are actually coming up but I don't know how well they will do. We'll see. I had geraniums and marigolds that did well only thru May, then the sun killed them, in spite of screens over them. (the front is full West). So I'll enjoy something until the sun kills it this year too...

Jackfruit? I don't know what that is. The big cactus out back has cactus "apples" on it - I was lucky enough to get some before the birds - very sweet, and like kiwi, you eat the seeds...the outer lining inbetween the pinky red peel and the soft spongy fruit inside was kind of tasteless and a little soapy so I didn't eat that part. They weren't great - I ate that only when I didn't have any other fruit. The oranges are ready now so enjoying those.

Kat