Old Sat, May-31-03, 23:15

Plan: NSNG
Stats: 260/164/185 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 128%
Default BRx C1/W2/D4

Gym stuffs: Shoulders & Abs
Warm-up
- Recumbent Bike, 5 min (1.9 mi, 37 cal)
Weights
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press 2x20x12.5, 3x6x30
- Lateral Raise 2x20x5, 2x6x12.5, 1x5x12.5
- Rear Deltoid Flyes 2x20x30, 3x6x70
- Crunches (Swiss Ball) 1x36, 1x24, 1 x30
- Hanging Leg Raises 1x12, 1x8, 1x10
- Assisted Chin-ups, Pull-ups, and Dips 5ea ~ 130
Notes:
Next week raise weights for shoulder press and deltoid flyes, everything else remains the same.

Triceps a little sore today, so performance probably could have been a little better, but overall I'm satisfied.

Used "rest" between sets of crunches to balance on the Swiss Ball--topped out at 3 minutes before I needed to put my feet down to catch myself. Not bad.

Chin-ups, Pull-ups, and Dips were (oddly enough) just for fun since I haven't done them in awhile.

I did the whole sleeveless shirt thing again today when getting dressed for the gym. For the first time in ages I looked at myself in the mirror and saw a borderline athletic person looking back. The upper arms are really starting to come together now, and the legs seem to get a little more cut every week. I'm thrilled. w00t!

Yesterday's food fell far off the mark. It looks like I'll need to plan better on game days. I'm not even going to bother with recording those numbers here. And today's food isn't completed yet, so I don't have final numbers (I have one more meal to get in...this is what happens when you wake up late and know you are destined to be up late as well). I'll plug food numbers in later.

On the workout front, week two of the first cycle of Body Rx is in the books and I'm feeling pretty great about it. I'm finding myself compelled to wear tanks top more often (even when it's technically too chilly to go outside in them), and my friends are constantly asking to feel my arms. I can't wait until the summer shorts come back out of the closet.

Foodwise things are going pretty well, also. I've had a few messy days, but for the most part I've been hitting my target numbers. Carbs are still way down from the upper limits, but I'm pretty comfortable with their level right now...it's also nice knowing I have the leeway to go up if I'm stuck in a situation where food choices are limited to carby things. My general energy level has been higher since the shift to more carbs, and the mood swings have gone the way of the cuckoo. So, I really have no complaints.

I'll weigh tomorrow, but I'm not that concerned about what the scale will tell me. I suspect that if there is a loss, it's not going to be more than a pound or so. I had been bouncing between 236 and 240 for a couple of weeks before changing the food, so if I'm on the low end of that I'll feel confident that something is working and at least I'm not gaining. I can see a little more definition in my upper body (chest, shoulders, arms) and my legs, so I know I've whittled away at least a little fat even though my pants are fitting about the same around the waist--my stomach is the last place that shows a change, so that's no surprise.

OK, I'm off for that last meal and to put the books back on the re-arranged bookshelves.

(edited to add food numbers)
Food:
Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2438
Fat: 104 935 40%
Sat: 26 232 10%
Poly: 11 96 4%
Mono: 38 346 15%
Carbs: 113 333 14%
Fiber: 30 0 0%
Protein: 267 1068 46%