#20   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 12:56

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%
Default Re: Aldactone or Spironolactone

Quote:
[I was tested for PCOS by ultrasound and I dont have any cysts, but seem to have alot of the other symptoms....

Akiwican [/B]

[QUOTE][I have already looked into PCOS quite throughly and seem to have alot of the symptoms but since nothing showed up on the ultrasound {cysts} he said I dont have it. Thats why I went on to have further tests done {thryoid, insulin} and all came back normal. {results posted in thyroid forum} Only my hormones {male} were out of wack.

Akiwican [B][QUOTE]

Cysts on the ovaries are only one symptom of the condition. In fact many PCOS experts would like to rename the syndrome for this very reason. You have excess androgens, insulin resistance and hirsutism alonhg with skin problems. I would bet all my wordly goods that you have PCOS. Please try to find another doc or give your one articles on PCOS so that he becomes informed.

One does not have to have all the symptoms to suffer from it. I was not dx for years because I was skinny and it was not till I reached 168lbs that I was dx. Also, my severly carb intolerant friend who gained 90lbs in two months does not test as having PCOS, even though she clearly does, and has lost tone of weight since doing Atkins and being on medicine. Moral of the story, keep fighting for that dx