#94   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-18, 04:54

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCer4Life
Presently I am reading this forum and so enjoying it very much. s93uv3h, I am trying to figure out what Keto is vs. Atlkins and how they differ. It's interesting that you had read Keto is same as Atkins Induction, as most of what I've seen, not read alot, is that Keto allows 50+ carbs. I guess I'll read Keto Clarity. Your post was awhile back - what is different? I'll keep researching but I'm following Atkins as I know it works for me - and it is once again, working for me.
Keto vs. Atkins. What is different? I think it depends on who you read / which book you read. I could not make it through Keto Clarity as the format is too hard to read for me. I did make it through The Ketogenic Bible: The Authoritative Guide to Ketosis, Jacob Wilson, Ryan Lowery (2017), and am well into The Ketogenic Diet: A Scientifically Proven Approach to Fast, Healthy Weight Loss, Kristen Mancinelli (2015). Ketogenic Bible barely mentions Atkins, and The Ketogenic Diet refers to Atkins a lot. Ketogenic Bible has a calorie counting section right at the start on getting started on keto. The Ketogenic Diet has you counting protein grams per your weight - I've never seen anyone explain how this is done. All are interesting books, and I take away many tidbits of info from each.