View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Jan-08-16, 15:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246/185/185 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Thank you very much for all your comments everyone. I have read them very carefully. My conclusion is that the higher LDL levels at this point are the fat cells metabolizing into the blood stream and releasing their cholesterol as a result of my weight loss and ketosis. Many doctors won't even do lipid blood tests while a patient is losing weight because of this.

And my opinion of my doctor dropped down a couple notches.

I have also been struck with a realization. I'm not eating any more saturated fats or cholesterol triggering foods than I was before the Atkins diet. I have always been a big meat eater and eat an egg every morning. I have not tried to cut down on fats for the last few years. Since Atkins, I have replaced all the refined foods, sugar, and excess junk carbs with more vegetables and salads. I'm eating a huge salad every day now. But the same amounts of meat and eggs and other fats. So how could that possibly trigger a jump in LDL? No, it's not the diet, it's the fact that I'm losing weight.

It's amazing to me how these doctors keep telling people the same advice over and over that doesn't work and people keep getting heart attacks and diabetes and getting fatter and fatter and fatter.

Someone mentioned fiber. Yes, I got a special grinder and I've been grinding my own flax seed and making muffins. Tons of fiber and healthy flax seed, freshly ground. I've even started to make fried chicken with flax seed coating instead of flour.

I love to cook and I'll start posting some of my low carb recipes on here.