View Single Post
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 20:16

Plan: 6 week body makeover
Stats: 225/185/190 Male 5.8
BF:
Progress: 114%

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cali
While being plump is fine, surely being very over weight or obese is unhealthy.

It's not about discrimination , it's about health.
<snip>

I think this thread was started as a general discussion for people to discuss how we are sometimes seen as in " the eyes of others" indicates. Just because someone thinks being obese is unhealthy, it does not justify the discrimination that some overweight/obese people are subjected to.. (yes it is about discrimination btw)

>>I'm worried that this thread is turning into support for being fat, when surely we are all here because we want to lose weight?<< <snip>

Yes we are all here not because we want to loose weight.. but because we ARE loosing weight...

Even if it were support for being fat what would be the harm in that? Support in general is just that... support.. The support I have gotten here has been wonderful and has helped me make tremendous progress. And something tells me I am not the only person who feels this way.

I get the same support at 205 that I got at 225 and I will get the same support when I am at 190 or wherever I choose to settle.

>>I would be sorry to see this thread disintegrate into Fat people versus The Thin.

Well I dont think this thread was ever in danger of that...but you seem to be taking offence to the experiences people are saying they have had... Which I don't understand.. unless you yourself are feeling guilty/or not and just defending yourself or others for berating a fat person?

Actually come to think of it... I am offended by this post as a whole... because what you really seem to be saying is that our thoughts and feelings about things that have been done/said to us because we are/were fat is NOT important? It is not about " a thin person said this " it is about " this person has hurt my feelings"

Sorry but thats just the impression I got from your post.

Best of luck
Shannon