View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 14:18

Plan: NSNG
Stats: 260/164/185 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 128%

I'm a little more rational today...still kind of annoyed, but more rational. I think is due in large part to my spending much of last night cleaning and coddling my cameras.
Quote:
Is it low fat or just low saturated fat?

He doesn't come right out and say it's low-fat, but it reads as such. A few points from the one part of the book that specifically addresses fat:
- ...(being careful not to eat too many high-fat proteins) and don't consume too much added fat in your food, you will be eating a healthy level of fat.
- Always order salad dressing on the side.
- Cook without added fat: Invest in a good set of non-stick cookware.
- Stick to healthy fats -- olive oil and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Avoid trans-fatty acids, which are found in fried and processed foods and some types of margarine.

There are a couple of others, but you get the idea. The fat advice is not too dissimilar from most "typical" diet books. He doesn't place a hard and fast limit on fats, just those guidelines--along with the repeated message to try to avoid saturated fats.

As for myself and Body Rx, I've decided to really give it a try. I will accept that I may not even get close on the carb counts, but I will make every effort to get in all that protein (beginning with a breakfast that included 67 grams of the stuff), and try to eat the six meals a day. I'll also cut back on the fats--I'd pretty have to in order to accomodate the protein counts and the added carbs, lest I take in upwards of 3000 calories a day, which would probably render me utterly useless for anytihng besides restful digestion (that's code for laying in bed with a tummy too full to even think about moving). But, I won't be giving up the small amounts of coconut oil--partly because of taste, and partly because I've bought into the hype for now.

The lifting workouts will be followed, but I'll probably add in the occasional small bit of cardio (15-20 minutes). By the book, it's four workouts a week, weights only, five exercises, each workout lasting about an hour--splits: chest and biceps, back and triceps, legs, shoulders and abs. Michael wanted to cut back to every other day at the gym anyway, so the timing is good for that.

Every day brings a new adventure around here.