View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 16:42

Plan: NSNG
Stats: 260/164/185 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 128%

Triglycerides are down slightly, but they were in the normal range before so it's small comfort. Ya know?

My cholesterol has also always been just on the high side of normal (mid to high 190's), and while it's still not outrageously high, it's up (221 - HDL: 54, LDL: 167...those are roughly the same proportions as before, so it's just generally up). That combined with the elevated blood pressure has the doctor ready to give me a serious dressing down re: diet. I think the fact that I was near tears after I got the news was the only thing that kept the lecture at bay for now. (He can be very grandfatherly that way, I've noticed.)

I'm still pretty generally pissed about all of this.

I've been re-reading various sections of Body Rx today--in between bouts of wanting to throw something through the window. I think I may go ahead and try it. I mean, at this point, it can't really hurt anything.

The biggest struggle will no doubt be finding a way to eat all of that protein--235 grams/day in Cycle 1 for me. I can't even imagine. Fiber shouldn't be a huge issue--30 grams/day--but I really don't think I'll even be able to approach the allowable yellow carbs limit--400 grams/day. I'm thinking the eating is going to end up being a little Schwarzbein-like. We'll see.

Ramble, ramble...

I think I'll go clean a camera and try to think about something else. (Something like, "Where the hell is the FedEx guy with my friggin' package?")